Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is Unwanted Thigh Grabbing On the Rise?

Holla Back DC relates a couple of stories about unwanted thigh grabbing on Metro. Talk about things that make you go ew:

This morning I was switching from the green line to the orange at L’Enfant Plaza. I get on the train, sit down and a guy sits down next to me. I knew he was up to something right away because there were multiple empty seats. He asks me if I have enough room. I said “yes.” He then slowly inches closer to me as he tells me he doesn’t want me to feel squashed. I scoot closer to the window so he isn’t touching me. He makes a comment about the weather and asks me if it is supposed to rain. I said “yes, I believe so.” He starts making small talk, and while he is not touching me I am a bit suspicious.
He asks me where I grew up. I tell him, he says “me too.” He tells me I am very pretty. I say “thank you”. He then asks me how old I am, I tell him. He says, “me too.” He tells me how young I look and then he asks if I would like his number. I say, “no thanks”. So he asks if he can have mine. I tell him I have a boyfriend. He tells me that’s alright, he is engaged but we could just be friends. I say, “no, I don’t know you.” He says “that’s the point, we can get to know each other.” I tell him no thanks again and luckily we are at my stop. Because I am sitting on the inside, he has to stand up to let me out.

Read the rest of this story at Holla Back DC, plus the story of another encounter with a thigh grabber on the Green line the next day.

Other news:
DC trying renege on Metro again (WTOP)
73 percent of people going to the 5 Ballston-Rosslyn stations walk to them.
Metro adding bike racks (WMATA)

add to del.icio.us Add to Blinkslist add to furl Digg it add to ma.gnolia Stumble It! add to simpy seed the vine TailRank post to facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So creeped out, I feel like I need a shower now.

Hostage Hoosier said...

ew ew ew.

I have had guys unnessarily rub up against me. stomping on their foot in heels seems to work wonders

or just letting everyone else know as loudly as possible will make other guys run to your rescue.

still, ew.

Golden Silence said...

When the guys pull that leg spreading mess next to me, I spread my legs as well until our knees are touching. They usually get the hint and shut them. Having to have any physical contact with these men is disgusting, but I feel doing that is the only way to get my point across.

As for thigh-grabbing on Metro, this is either a serial grabber or different guys in different situations. I hope the guy(s) that is/are doing this gets caught soon!

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter