Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Is Cleanliness Still a Metro Bragging Right?


Via @beckawall Ah, the glamour of riding @wmata ! @unsuckdcmetro pic.twitter.com/KTlaYHwB


Via @ericmann1278 @unsuckdcmetro Bush beer anyone? #wmata pic.twitter.com/UMiCaWGK

From Jill:
I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has noticed that Metro is becoming a pigsty.

There are a lot of things wrong with Metro, but one thing you used to be able to count on was that it was pretty clean.

Over the past year, I've watched Metro become more and more dirty. I have been in cars at all times of the day that are strewn with tons of garbage (mostly Examiner and Express), food, discarded liquor bottles and some things I don't even want to know about. I've seen a used condom twice in the past few weeks! Gross!

The other day at Farragut North, I saw either a very large mouse or a small rat scampering carefree down the track.

I do have to hand it to him though. He was moving faster than the train that was five minutes away, then eight, then 10...

But seriously, what's going on with all the filth?

What do people think? Are people more disgusting these days or has Metro slacked off on cleaning up?
Other items:
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter